In term 4 Helensburgh Public School will be holding an Art show. The theme this year is `Fibre Fest’. Last week we spent an afternoon learning a technique called `wet felting’ to create our own piece of felt (ready to create a display for the art show). We were lucky to have one of our talented mothers come into class and teach us what to do.
Here is what we learnt about felting:
* Start with raw wool
* Decorate with colourful tufts and pieces of wool
* Place the wool in a bag with some hot soapy water and agitate
* Roll in a towel and agitate some more!
* Rinse in vinegar and water
* Use a sander to speed up the process of creating felt
* Hang out to dry
We haven’t finished our art work yet but you will have to come along to the Art show to see how they turn out!